20/09/2011

What the Night Delivers: the perfect soundtrack to a lazy/sleepy/dreamy day.

I was lucky enough to see Scott Matthews play at the Moseley Folk Festival a few years back, and the Wolverhampton lad had the whole crowd enamoured when he broke out in to silver-tongued song.


After being introduced to his music by my big brother, Mr. Matthews has stuck as one of my favourites. Either his songs will make me smile incessantly or gush like a teenage girl due to their lyrical genius. &with poetry like:


'Can I be your endless thought somehow?
'Cause I've traded all of mine for yours now.
This is our beginning from an ending paralysed,
that's growing under sullen city lights.
You have me solely.'


you'd be a scrooge not to .


&like the sucker that I am, I've had his new album, 'What the Night Delivers' on repeat for three days now, and I'm not planning on stopping this trend any time soon. : )


Give it a listen and you'll see (or hear) why.


Miss Dx

No comments: