21/12/2011

I've been singing The Smiths for days.

I have to admit, when I was younger I found Morrissey a tad depressing, but recently I've developed an affection for his lyrical genius.

What I like about his songs is that they're romantic without having to resort to selling a woolly fairy tale. They talk about what life (and love) are really like.  I think my favourite lyric is from 'There Is A Light & It Never Goes Out':


'And if a double-decker bus crashes into us, to die by your side is such a heavenly way to die.'


It's earthly, it's real & if I'm frank, it sweeps me off my feet better than Edward Cullen ever could.


Tumblr_lvomvgifpc1r5l00do1_500_large


So here's to you, Morrissey, you bloody genius.





Miss Dx

{Via Lucy }

4 comments:

lisa signorini said...

I checked your blog and I like it!!

Visit my blog, and if it like u we can follow each other!

have a great day!
www.thecurlylady.blogspot.com

Miss V & Miss D said...

Thank you!

Yours is also pretty genius. :)

We will definitely follow you, once I've worked out how...

Miss Dx

Miss V & Miss D said...

Already on it :) Cool blog Lisa !

Miss V x

Miss V & Miss D said...

Excellent! Thank goodness one of us is tech savvy. :)

Miss Dx