30/07/2012

Dublin & then some: B&W


I've just come back from a trip to Ireland, a country I've wanted to see for years. Fuelled by my love of the accent, beautiful landscape & Glen Hansard, I got a bit snap happy. Here are a few:


Toner's Pub, Dublin. I liked the beer garden, even though it didn't have the conventional furnishings of wooden benches on a grassy lawn. Theirs is tarmacked, with a little potted greenery juxtaposed with the stools and booths like the ones inside. It's loud, down to earth fun, and packed full of business men & women soaking up a post-work pint. This isn't a pompous, trumped up bar, but good honest niceness.

See what I mean about the furniture? Quirky, & it works. Toner's was recommended to us after a couple of guys saw us looking a little lost, &I'll definitely go back. 

Bray, right by the sea.

More Bray...

...& a bit more.

We drove down to Wicklow, and on the way, decided to stop off at a place called Powerscourt Gardens. It's a  stately home surrounded by acres of fashioned lawns and the natural hilly landscape. I wasn't expecting a pet cemetery, an odd, macabre, though slightly touching corner of the estate.

The round tower at Glendalough.

& again.



Miss D x

No comments: