24/07/2012

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream


This cream is held in high esteem by just about everybody. A runway essential.  A sunbather’s soother. A lip quencher. So why is it the backbone of Britain’s beauty bag?

I have had Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour cream in my bathroom cabinet since my early teens. My mother advised me of its utility for skin irritations, and it is something I still replace without question (I cannot say this is the same for many a product that I use once and only once). I mostly use it as a lip balm, but it is very effective on bites, sunburn (my time in Barbados earlier this year confirmed its effectiveness) , it is brilliant for your cuticles and I’ve had very good feedback of its care of blemishes.
I’ve experienced that a little goes a long way (the texture is quite greasy, so plastering you face as I did with it once isn’t a great look). However add a small amount to your moisturizer and you can illuminate your complexion. I actually love using it over a lip colour, as it creates a lovely gloss, keeping lips from becoming too dry.

 Are you keen on Eight Hour, and how does it work best for you?


Miss V x

No comments: