25/04/2012

Clearer Horizons

I have just come back from the Caribbean, where sea met sand and I met a glimpse of paradise.












Travelling from East to West of the Island, I saw beautiful scenery, ate amazing food, and met some really, really awesome people.  I think that is what stuck me most about the Island - the way people are, and their attitude to life. I think in the UK we can be so wrapped up in each minute detail, worrying about the unnecessary and not focusing enough on life in general. But there is so much soul to Barbados, and the Barbadians are such happy people.  When I one day followed the gaze of some local fisherman and looked out to sea, I realized that life can be so much simpler than we allow, and yet we make it so complicated for ourselves with our constant grumblings about train delays/ traffic jams/ the weather/  broken nails...


...and talking of nails, check out my friend Caryl's!! Totally cool.




I want to go back, I had an amazing time, thank you to all the lovely people I met, and thank you God for such a beautiful part of the world.


Miss V xoxox

No comments: