19/04/2012

On the Art of Mooching

Here I am, sitting on a ridiculously huge arm chair in my college common room, wistfully looking out of the window when I really ought to be working. What I would love to do right now, if it wasn't for the torrential rain outside, is go for a good old mooch. Dictionary.com defines the word thus: 'verb (used without object) to loiter or wander about.' That's exactly what I'd like to do right now.






When I lived in London, Miss V&I would often escape our halls of residence to wander around the big city, from Camden to Brick Lane, we have wandered far. One of my favourite things to do in the city was to do exactly this. My favourite mooch location? Covent Garden, particularly at night. When the sun goes down, the walk-through tourist attraction becomes an oasis of dewy calm, with a promising sense of potential. I love walking through the piazza, listening to the buskers, taking photographs of the surroundings. I've had some good times there, &whenever I've felt a bit down in the dumps, it's been my haven. 




So, once the weather starts behaving itself, &the never ending pile of coursework has died down, I will be eagerly anticipating a summer of mooching, whether I'm with or without company.

Miss Dx 

No comments: