17/04/2012

Tips for Happy Travels

Currently awaiting my flight at the airport, so thought I'd take the moment to write a quick post, and share some thoughts that I certainly find useful to make the bigger travels as comfortable as possible. 

Now I love airports. I don't know why - a lot of people find the experience tiresome, full of trepidation, or simply a downright hassle. Not me. I will arrive early to maximize duty free time. I love nothing more than sitting in Costa, watching the world go by and thinking excitedly about my upcoming trip ahead. Whatever your disposition, here is some tips that you might find helpful :

1. Keep hydrated. (not coffee though...I am slowly learning this) A lot of walking-to-terminals, dry air conditioning etc makes skin parched and throats dry. Keep topped up.

2. Chew gum. Stops the munchies plus keeps any nerves in check (and keeps breath fresh!)

3. Keep all important docs in one folder in your bag. Nothing more annoying for you or others than having to route around an over-sized handbag for your info.

4.Easy Literature. I have my novel/ more substantial reading with me, but also a travel sized glossy which is great for quick reading at odd moments, and bright captions/ lots of pictures can help distract any flight jitters

5. Flats. I love the idea of strutting down the aisles with ten inch heels, but my feet would hate me. You have got the holiday/business trip to wear your platforms, so give the toes a break while traveling.

6. Cashmere jumper. Makes for cosy flying  (or just a great sleep prop).

7. Minimal Makeup. At most, I would recommend a BB cream, but ideally just a moisturizer. It depends how long the flight, but I always think the girls who plaster it on pre-flight look a bit OTT.

8. If there is a delay -don't get anxious/ frustrated. Everyone gets delayed once in a while. I'm in fact a bit delayed today - but hey, more time for blogging! You don't want to think back to your vacation remembering how stressed you were, so take it all as it comes. Deep breaths  - yes there is a delay, but that is ok. More time for shopping/diary planning/reading.

9.  When you get the chance, have a quick spritz of one of the perfume testers in Duty Free
. This allows you to sample a new fragrance/freshen up for the flight ahead.

10. Ah, time to board! Wherever you go next, have a wonderful trip, and happy flying :)

Miss V x

No comments: