13/04/2012

Beauty, well-being, and water.

from Shannon Jackson via Pinterest


Every time I go for a jog, I think 'damn -  forgot the water bottle again'.


About 100 yards up the road, I am dragging my struggling limbs to the nearest bench for a breather. Probably also have a stitch. Inevitably, I am longing for my Evian.


Our bodies are made up of something like 60% of water, so it seems mega important that we keep it topped up. But, I don't know about you, but I find it really difficult to actually just drink water. 10am in the morning, the only liquid I want is a coffee, and dinner out is lovely with a glass of Pinot (great, two diuretics at the weekend  - no wonder I'm thirsty). 


Yet we are all told aren't we that we should be drinking our 8 glasses/ 2 litres a day. It is great for our pores, our organs, the shine on our hair and our general well-being. I have read countless articles where some gorgeous A- lister has thanked their personal trainer and their water consumption for their glowing looks (I am,often quite skeptical that this is all that is involved, however) 


But, I have decided to really give it a go. I am going to drink 8 glasses a day, and report back in 2 weeks how I feel. I am guinea-pigging my work performance, my complexion, and how well I can jog around that block, and in 14 days, I will let you know how I got on. 


If Jen looks this good after water, then pour me another.


Miss V x

No comments: