06/08/2012

Be Beautiful (& nice about it)

As my better blogging half will tell you, I am a  sucker for natural & ethical beauty products. I spend an embarrassing amount of time looking up new eco/animal/pocket friendly brands, and as us girls (and some blokes) like to look good, to me it makes sense that the products we use do good too. Here are my three new-found favourite treats, all of which have their own special place in my grooming basket, and are the creations of two companies that are changing the face of the cosmetic industry.


L-R: Model's Own Nail Polish in Stormy Night, Trichomania by Lush, &Silky Underwear, also by Lush



Pro Nail Polish by Models Own (Stormy Night is my favourite)


I'll be honest, when it comes to make up, I'm pretty clueless &tend to use a mere slick of eyeliner, even when I'm going out. I make up for this lack of macquillage with a magpie like addiction to nail polish, especially the fruits of Models Own. What I like about this brand (besides the wealth of hues on offer), is their '3- Free' formula and no- go attitude towards animal testing. Kinder to you, furry creatures and the planet? A job well done.


Trichomania by Lush

Thanks to my Dad's genetic make-up, I've got a somewhat unruly mass of curls a'top my head. Judging from the beauty sections of many women's magazines, ringlets are much coveted. Yet, as I'm sure many curly haired folk will tell you, they can be a right royal pain in the behind. In my case, frizz abounds, and I have always been on the look out for something that will tame my misbehaving tresses. Step in Lush, with their wonder of a solid shampoo. It might look like an ordinary bar of soap in the above photo, but it packs a punch. This stuff not only smells beautiful (it's packed full of coconut), it lasts for ages due to its concentrated make-up, and it actually works, delivering soft, silky &defined curls that manage to stay frizz free all day long. Thanks to this wonder bar, my straighteners have been banished to the bottom drawer in my dressing table, & I'm beginning to understand all the fuss about curly hair.


Silky Underwear by Lush

Ok, don't confuse this for the talcum powder of yesteryear, it's much more exciting. I'll be honest, I brought this dusting powder mainly due to it's gorgeous jasmine scent, but as I soon found it, that's not all this humble looking bottle delivers. It's made up of lashings of crushed up cocoa butter, so it doubles up as a moisturiser of sorts, leaving your skin uber soft. They say 'it's all anyone needs to wear', and while I may not be brave enough to test the theory out, you may well be.


Miss D x

No comments: