27/08/2012

Moroccan Argan Oil: Our Verdict


Happy bank holiday readers! Miss D and I were having a catch up recently and both of us were talking about how great a particular type of product was, hence we decided to write a review together on Argan oil! Both of us have from loose wavy to corkscrew curly tresses on the hair-spectrum, and we love products which don’t weigh our hair down, keep our hair smooth and eradicate any frizziness! What products do you use that have argan oil? By all means comment underneath.

Tresemmé Liquid Gold Restorative Complex
Versatility in a hair product is rare, since normally the product is to be used either on dry hair, or on freshly washed hair before it has dried. With the Tresammé Liquid gold, you can apply to drenched or dried hair, making it a really dependable product. The other day I was about to go out when I noticed my newly washed dry hair looked dry on the ends, making them seem unruly and not-intentionally un-brushed. A couple of pumps of this oil defined my waves and sorted out the ends of my hair. My hair is quite long but I don’t need more than two pumps to sort my hair out, showing the ‘restorative’ nature of this product. The product is quite reasonably priced I think, and suitable for hair of whatever length and style.



Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Conditioner
I love how Organix have travel size conditioners, because you aren’t having to then stick with a big bottle of conditioner that lasts a long time if you don’t actually think much of it after your first use! I had just coloured my hair and wanted a conditioner that would be gentle and protective. I am still getting used to the fact my hair is magnificently frizz-free, and shiny! I was a bit apprehensive that the product might be too rich and heavy, but my waves just seem to be invigorated.  Treat yourself to their travel size bottles, and tell your hair frizz where to go.


Moroccan Oil Curl Defining Cream
I'll admit that the Moroccan Argan Oil craze pretty much flew over my head until recently, when I took a much needed trip to the hairdressers (no, really, I cut my hair once a year, if that). I do like my natural curls, but I've found that searching for a product that really works is a rather irksome chore. Step in Moroccan Oil. After the stylist I saw used the product on my hair, I was convinced. No longer were my curls weighed down, limp, or frizzy. Instead, the product delivered incredible results: smooth, silky ringlets which maintained their natural shape. I often find that most products make my hair too 'big' or turn the curls into an uncontrollable, unnatural looking mess, and despite the steep price tag (one helping will set you back about £23), I'm more than happy with the results, and the huge bottle lasts for ages- get in. 




Miss D&V x

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh yay! This post is just what i needed as wanted to find a product to help with the frizz! Thanks xx

Miss V & Miss D said...

Your welcome, thanks so much for your comment :) the weather has been so unpredictable this summer we love products that will protect our hair from frizz :) x

Viviask said...

Thanks for sharing! I've used argan oil in my hair, just not this brand. I have a bottle of Pro Naturals Moroccan Argan Oil for my hair and it works pretty well, no silicones :)

Karo said...

thank you for the info, I love argan oil too, I use pro naturals moroccan argan oil which is really good for my hair and leaves it soft, shiny and healthy. :)