14/08/2012

Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes and Bourjois Black Jack Volume Clubbing Mascara


I don’t know where I would be without mascara and I know a lot of you would agree with me! I get a bit overwhelmed with all the different options out there for mascaras, and the prices can vary a great deal. So I thought I would compare two volumizing mascaras with different price tags and tell you what I thought!

The first is the highly acclaimed Givenchy Phenomen-Eyes. Most notably is the packaging of this mascara – it is gorgeous! I couldn’t wait to try this out when I received it as a present, and was very intrigued by the orb like brush. So did my lashes have volume? When you first put on this mascara, it is quite striking and does really open up your eyes. I felt like all my lashes were covered and it gives enough volume for a day-time look. Another reason why I wanted to do this review however is that I am a contact lense wearer, so I need my mascara to last all day without smudging and that is compatible with wearing contacts. Unfortunately, as the day went on, this mascara did smudge around my eye area. It isn’t a massive downfall, as it takes a few seconds to wipe away the smudge – but it wasn’t what I expected from Givenchy cosmetics! However I am aware that maybe this is because I wear contacts – so it would be great to hear if anyone else disagrees with me, or has also had this problem.

The volume mascara that I am comparing Givenchy’s mascara with is the Black Jack Volume Clubbing Mascara from Bourjois. I am afraid I am probably already biased towards Bourjois Volume Clubbing mascaras because I think they are all absolutely fantastic! I first tried Volume Clubbing mascara a couple of years ago and couldn’t believe the volume! My eyes literally looked double their normal size, and I was wearing it during the day with natural makeup, and also when going out in the evening. The major thing for me with this mascara is that is never smudges. A day in a gale wouldn’t  budge this range of mascaras! The volume is significant and for me it is probably better than Givenchy. It says on the Black Jack mascara that it has ‘light-reflecting micro-particles of gold’ in its composition, but I think this mascara isn’t dissimilar to the rest of the volume clubbing mascaras. As a contact lense wearer this is a perfect mascara for me, and lasts a long time.

Quite honestly if the volume clubbing range had the packaging of the Givenchy phenomenal eyes it would be the ultimate mascara! Let me know if you have tried these mascaras, or if you think another mascara gives shocking volume!

Miss V x

No comments: